How the Critics Work...

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Mexico Lindo; Waterford, Michigan





Today we went to one of my favorites, Mexico Lindo, which is located at 6225 Highland Rd in Waterford, across from the Oakland County International Airport.  I have been going to Mexico Lindo since I was a senior in high school enjoying favorites like fajitas, guacamole, tinga tacos and chimichangas.


In truth I knew before ever arriving at the restaurant what each member of my family would order.  I knew this because we always order the same things, our favorites.  Today was a bit different as Sarahfay ventured away from the kid's menu and ordered ala carte.


Upon arrival we feasted upon chips and salsa.  In truth, I don't think it is fair to call Mexico Lindo's salsa a true salsa, for it is more like a sauce.  Each member of the family was given a small bowl of mild sauce and a communal bowl of the green hotter sauce was left on the table.  I tasted the hot sauce, just a minute amount, and I was rewarded with three or four minutes of solid hiccups; so yes, it was hot.  My personal trick is to take a bit of the hot stuff and mix it into the mild bowl.  That was I was able to come up with my own heat level.


For a meal I ordered the standard for me, chicken fajitas.  What was different was that I asked for a side of fresh cilantro (we are cilantro freaks).  The fajitas come on a platter with refried beans covered with cheese.  Being lactose intolerant I asked for the cheese on the side.  Small sides of guacamole, sour cream and pico de gallo were also given.  I had the choice of corn or flour tortilla and I decided upon flour for this visit.  The grilled chicken was mixed with onions, peppers and tomatoes.  As always I enjoyed the fajitas, though there was a short amount of chicken in ratio to the grilled vegetables.  The beans were delicious as was the pico de gallo.  The cilantro just increased the taste enjoyment bringing the dish to a new level of tastiness.


My daughter ordered ala carte and got two tacos, one chicken and one beef.  She enjoyed them very much.  I tasted her shredded chicken taco and it was delicious.


Kolleen shared my fajitas, but the goal of her visit was her favorite dish sopapilla.  As always she enjoyed the desert even using my cheese from my fajitas to her taste advantage.  What she did not remember was the cinnamon that was used, but she was assured by our waitress that the dish was the same as ever.


The affordability of our visit was what you would expect from a restaurant of this stature.  My fajitas were approximately $13.95, the tacos where $1.50 each (they where on special) and the sopapilla was $3.50.  Overall it was definitely worth it.


The service at Mexico Lindo was top notch.  Our waitress was great, being attentive and friendly.  Sarahfay said, "she was smiling with joy."  I could not have said it any better.


The cleanliness was also good.  Sarahfay and Kolleen both visited the restrooms and they said it was well kept.


The restaurant decor was perfect as always.  Normally there are pinatas hanging, but they where absent today.  This was OK as it made the establishment look even cleaner.


Overall I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a good Mexican restaurant in the Waterford area. As I previously said I have always been a fan of Mexico Lindo and today's visit was exactly what I hoped for.


Overall:


Food:                    ****(4)
Service:                 ****(4 1/2)
Affordability:         ***(3)
Cleanliness:           ****(4)
Decor:                  ****(4)


Overall:                 ****(4)



No comments:

Post a Comment