How the Critics Work...

Friday, September 23, 2011

Blazing Bagels; Waterford, Michigan





The purpose of this post/review is to talk about an establishment  that has become one of my "regulars".  Blazing Bagels, located at 5633 Dixie Highway in Waterford (also in Commerce Township) has truly become one of my favorites.  Now I should make a disclaimer here, as a Jew bagels are part of my food pyramid.  I have always thought bagels are a Jewish "soul food".


You should also know that the true test of a good bagel is can it stand alone?  A true and proper bagel should not require cream cheese, butter or jam.  A proper bagel should have that chewiness and taste that is a treat all by itself.


I first walked into Blazing Bagels already knowing what to expect.  Blazing Bagels has the look of most bagel stores with the addition of offering several delicious coffees.  In truth I knew what I wanted, a pumpernickel bagel with cream cheese, lox, cucumber, onion and a slice of tomato.  Fortunately, my item was one of the menu choices, being called "The Charles Lindbergh".  The only difference between what I wanted and the menu selection was "The Charles Lindbergh" did not come with cucumbers or tomatoes and it did come with capers (which I declined upon).  My sandwich, as it has always been, was delicious.  The bagel was perfect and the lox salmon was of a wonderful quality.  


Sarahfay (my daughter) has also ordered off of the menu at Blazing Bagels. She got a "Mark Twain", which is a salami sandwich.  She got her sandwich with an egg bagel...she loved it.


The service is great at Blazing Bagels.  The owner always remembers my order.  The other employees have always been very nice.


The store is very clean.


As a carry out bagel shop I cannot speak to their decor.  It is as you would expect.


Overall I would recommend Blazing Bagels to anyone.  After all there is nothing better then a good bagel.


Overall:


Food:                     *****
Service:                  ****
Affordability:          ****
Cleanliness:            ****
Decor:                   n/a


Overall Total:         **** (4)

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely delicious..it's difficult to find a decent bagel shop these days other than Tim Hortons... Especially a Lox bagel! The olive jalapeño cream cheese is also unique to this delicious little resturant.

    ReplyDelete